Thursday, December 1, 2016

Gift 2 - Sweetness

What is a Gift?

This challenge has been difficult for my overactive brain. I want to "plan" my gifts out (put some extra care behind them), and so many little things don't really feel like gifts to me...




Today I took a drive with my mother, but she was keeping me company while I drove across town to pick something up. We had a wonderful chance to reconnect, but it still feels like a favor from her, or at the very least a mutual gift.

And early this morning I enjoyed some extra time cuddling with the cats while I did some online work... But that wasn't really "focused" time.

This evening I sang with the choir at my church, so I considered my "gift of music"... But to be honest, I am being paid for my time, so I don't know if that would count.



In the end there are two gifts today that I gave mindfully and without expectation of return...

I said a prayer for a little boy (the grandson of a choir member) who is recovering in the hospital from dehydration, after dealing with the flu.

And I gave my Fiancé the treat for today from our Advent Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment